** Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, all Educational Visits to Houghton Estate are currently on hold. The Group Leader Training Days are also suspended**
Group Leader Training:
Visits to Houghton Estate are independently taken by groups on a self guided basis (the Estate does not employ any educational staff to lead activities). Therefore it is vital that your staff have attended Group Leader training before bringing a group to the estate.
The Group Leader training day includes:
- Introduction to the Estate, exploring the landscape & resources
- Health & Safety information to support offsite visits
- Guidance on making your visits – protocols & logistics
- How to use our website to access free online resources to support your Outdoor Learning activities
- Practical Outdoor Learning activity ideas – that could be used at Houghton Estate as well as school grounds or other outdoor locations.
- Signposting & Links to support quality Outdoor Learning
Each group will also be given a paper version of the Group Leaders Handbook to support your visits.
Educational visits to the estate will only be permitted if the staff member/s leading the trip have attended a training day.
Forthcoming Training – TBA:
Timing: Training times 10am – 4pm
Location: All training takes place at Houghton Estate – meeting in the Education Centre
Cost: The cost of the training for up to 2 members of staff is £100. The training lasts for 3 years.
Booking: To book onto training, please use the form below.
Booking confirmation and further pre course information will be emailed to delegates after booking.